I LOVE Mexican Food
- It's quick to make (perfect weekday meal)
- Big variety: tacos, enchiladas, nachos, fajitas...
- A lot of it is self-assembly so you can get yours just right (I love soured cream - L doesn't)
- It's spicy! (We love food with a kick).
Our favourite dish has to be chicken fajitas with homemade guacamole - so much better than the gloopy shop-bought stuff. With this in mind, we decided to try out this homemade fajita spice mix recipe to see how it compared to the supermarket sachets, which can cost around 80p-£1 each. We multiplied the recipe ingredients by 10 to make a big batch. Not only does this Quick Trick taste better, but it costs less, is easier to store (we keep ours in an air-tight Kilner jar) and it lets you add as much or as little as you want.
MY FAJITA ESSENTIALS
- Homemade guacamole (avocado, lime juice, red onion, coriander stalks, fresh chilli, cherry tomatoes and salt/pepper)
- Salsa (Discovery is tasty and lasts well)
- Jalapenos (we put a few of these small jars into one big Kilner jar in the fridge)
- Grated cheese
- Soured cream
- Roll a chicken breast in approximately 1 tablespoon of this spice mix before grilling. It makes the perfect addition to a healthy lunchtime salad
- It may be called 'fajita spice mix' but you can add it to anything to give it a Mexican twist.
Love spicy food too? Try out this spice label Quick Trick.