DIFFICULTY RATING: MEDIUM
There's something about Christmas that makes me want to bake. I guess it's the cold weather outside, mixed with the fact that calories don't count in December (right?).
Scroll down for my top tips...
- Golden syrup is a great alternative to molasses in this recipe
- Much easier with an electric whisk! S and I had to play tag with the wooden spoon...
- Difficulty rating is medium due to the absence of an electric whisk, plus the recipe quantities produce a lot of snowflakes - so it's tricky getting them all baked while finding enough cooling racks-!
- Make sure you stock up on baking paper and have a couple of cooling racks at the ready
- Don't forget icing sugar for decoration (best applied with a piping bag)
Will you be baking this Christmas? See what I've been pinning to my Food board if you're in need of some inspiration!