This is the first before and after post to emerge from our new home renovation project. Starting in September 2017, we've been busy planning and transforming our new family home in the countryside.
The most important room to me is J's room. It's his space to sleep, play, learn and relax in and a happy toddler = happy parents! We transferred some of J's elements from his nursery in our previous home so it wouldn't feel like too much of a big change. But there were some features we altered and added to meet his toddler needs, especially now he's walking!
- Blackout curtains are essential for those light summer evenings
- I love the wall colour we went for as it makes everything feel calm in the evenings - just what you need before bedtime! (Paint is Farrow & Ball 'Pavilion Gray')
- Storage baskets are great for keeping toys and books tidy, but still accessible for a little one
- A book ledge at toddler height is a great way to display their favourite stories, plus they can grab them whenever they like. J's are from Great Little Trading Co.
- Keeps things fun with colourful mobiles dotted around the room like the above rain cloud, from Sausage and the Dog
- Stained glass sun-catchers also make a super sensory room.
I've shared more decor ideas for a toddler's room over on the Sharps website if you fancy a look!